Profile image for tompencoed

Over the last 3 to 4 weeks My BT broadband has become totally unusable in the evenings, unable to load even the simplest web pages. Works OK during the day.
Has anybody else had this problem, either BT or any other adsl broadband on the Bude exchange.
Haven't contacted BT yet as they are usually so unhelpful
PS Does anyone know exactly where the Bude exchange is situated

By tompencoed at 15:29 on 12/11/12

Re-post           

• Profile image for mtdept

re: slow broadband. You should contc BT even if it can be a pain to go through it all. There is usually two reasons. One is radio interference of the broadband bt hub. The oter is line capacit overload at certain times. Eithr way they should talk you through it. Good luck.

By mtdept at 10:21 on 13/11/12

• Profile image for Lunamedia

Bude exchange is Broadclose Hill I think. If the issue is w-fi you might want to try changing channels. (Google 'bt hub change channels')

MIne went down for a while because of a cable stuck in a tree apparently :) which they charged me to move. BUt generally mine is fine right now (on the superfast broadband, at Arundel Terrace).

By Lunamedia at 17:23 on 15/11/12

• Profile image for alanl58

Both bits of advice are good. 1). reset your hub, that is turn the power right off for ten seconds or more. 2). Make a note of the times it is slow; round here we suffer quite badly when Budehaven school switch on their computers at 08.55, and again when they close down at 3.15pm. I'm sure BT will only want to persuade you to buy Superfast broadband. I also found that the asdl filters became faulty, and the broadband tripped off every time the phone rang.....

By alanl58 at 00:38 on 16/11/12

• Profile image for Buffiluv

I would ask ed Snowdon. Maybe it's our friends on the hill tying up data space.

By Buffiluv at 09:08 on 06/07/13

• Profile image for trevorofbude

I did not pick up on this one but as we had similar probs I offer up a suggestion. In the evenings it is likely that your wifi is picking up someone else's signal! I found that happened on my laptop and if you check that your connection is your own hub and not someone else's u may resolve the issue. In poughill I often pick up 2 other hubs - one called Drew and the other an unsecured Bt hub. So if yours goes slow simply check if you are on your own wifi and not someone else's!!

By trevorofbude at 04:08 on 07/01/14

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent